Beta Sigma Phi
Who We Are
- Consists of 15 chapters with 210 members.
- Ages range from 20 to 80+
- From new pledges to 65 years of membership
- Alpha, the first chapter, received its charter in 1938.
- Chapters meet twice a month, either in members homes or at a hall. Each meeting is dedicated to business matters and/or cultural programs.
- We publish a quarterly newsletter, The Yellow Rose for distribution to each member
- City wide functions include:
Fall Reception November
Founder 's Day Banquet April 30
- Sister Chapters: Two Chapters are paired for a two year period. The first year a chapter entertains the other and the next year are entertained.
- Girls Socials include: theme parties, pot luck dinners, get away weekends, movie nights,. . . and more
- Mixed Socials include: game night, bowling and curling, Theatre nights, car rally, Murder Mystery Night, Progressive Dinner...... and more
- Some chapter outings might include: Theatre, Millarville Market, Home Show, Craft shows, Saskatoon Berry Farm, Museum of the Regiment, Fire Hall/Police Station tours, Designer Showcase, a chocolate factory etc.
- Each year, Calgary Beta Sigma Phi awards the following:
Scholarship at the Kiwanis Music Festival
Louise Dean Scholarship
Dr Aileen Fish Memorial Bursary
Mrs Ruth Walker Scholarship
Dr. Leona Paterson Scholarship
Mrs. Norreen Baker Scholarship
Donation to the Boys’ and Girls' Club of Calgary - FANS program (Food and Nutrition at School) in honor of Ms. Phyllis Davis.
- Past Donations have gone to:Red Cross equipment lending program, Louise Dean Day Care, Brain Injury, Discovery House, Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra, payment for half the cost of purchasing a Handi Bus, ALS, Canadian Transplant Association and Wings of Hope.
- Although not a service organization our members can be found volunteering at the Mustard Seed, manning kettles for the Salvation Army, doing the run/walk for a cure and participating in many other service projects and fundraisers throughout the city.
- Membership provides opportunities to contribute to your community, develop lifelong friendships and develop leadership skills.
- As an international organization, Beta Sigma Phi offers transfer to any chapter within the organization and is a wonderful support system anywhere one might move.
- To learn more about how you can join a chapter of Beta Sigma Phi in the Calgary area, please contact our Organization and we would be happy to share all the benefits of being a member of "The Friendship Organization."
PO Box 78175 RPO Heritage
Calgary, AB T2H 2T1
Calgary, AB T2H 2T1